This Saturday, I joined Krylon and 11 other bloggers in Cincinnati to shop the World's Longest Yard Sale. The yard sale stretches the 127 corridor from Michigan to Alabama (690 miles total) and lasts for four days.
Krylon set out to transform 127 items using spray paint for their first ever Pinterest "yard sale." Starting August 10, you'll be able to purchase the pieces refinished by Krylon straight from the pin board. All proceeds from this Pinterest "yard sale" will benefit Charity Wings Arts & Crafts Center, a non-profit organization that hosts free art classes and events for a worldwide art and DIY community.
We learned about the full spectrum of Krylon paints. Who knew there were so many specialty types? In particular, I found it interesting that they now offer a chalk paint finish and even a sea glass finish.
While at the event, I had an opportunity to get to know several other bloggers:
- Beckie from Infarrantly Creative
- Abbey from The Cards We Drew
- Fotini from Farmhouse Chic
- Jess from Mom 4 Real
- Kim from Reinvented
- Pam from House of Hawthornes
- Dacia from Lemon Drop Life
- Tracy from At Home with Sweet T
- Traci from Beneath My Heart
- Amanda from Our Storied Home (my dear blogging friend)