(Preview tip: These mirror sets were marked down to $12 last week!)
Target is, by far, one of my favorite stores. I pretty much go there once a week. I think the store offers anything you would ever need. I shop there for clothes, jewelry, home decor accents, house supplies, food, gifts, seasonal items… you name it!
The only thing I do not purchase at Target is shoes. Their shoe quality isn't great and comfort means a lot to me (and my little tootsies).
Here are top tips for getting the most out of Target:
- Get a Target Red (debit) Card - If you have a Target Red Card, you will automatically get a 5% discount on everything. Plus, you get free shipping online. If you shop at Target often, this is perfect for you! Target offers two versions - a credit card and a debit card. I have the debit card version which comes directly out of my checking account. If you're going to shop at Target, you might as well save 5%!
- Download the the Cartwheel app - I discovered the Cartwheel app a couple months ago and love it! Basically, you open the app on your phone and browse a "news feed" filled of Target coupons. Coupons are available for every single department. When you find a coupon you like, you flag it. For example, if you're buying hand soap, why not check your Cartwheel app for a coupon? Chances are there is a coupon for the very product you're purchasing. When it's time to check out, you just show your Cartwheel app to the cashier. He or she will scan the code on your phone screen. Then Target instantly honors all coupons you have flagged. It's so easy!
- Always shop the end-caps - The aisle end-caps are like gold. That's where Target places all of the clearance merchandise. The best end-caps are usually the ones hidden on the back of the aisle, away from the high traffic. I pretty much browse the end-caps in stationery/party supplies, home decor and kitchen accessories each time I go. You never know what great goodies you will find at a fraction of the original price.
- If you really want a home decor item, wait it out - Almost everything in the home decor, kitchen and seasonal areas will eventually be discounted. I always get sucked into the couple rows of seasonal home decor and entertaining merchandise. I have to tell myself to wait it out though, because chances are, I can get it at a deeply discounted price in only a few weeks.
- Follow Target-oriented accounts on Instagram - @RedTagLove posts great discounted deals that you can find at Target. @TargetDoesItAgain posts show-stopping finds.
Bonus Tip - Shop on the week days, during daytime hours. That way you can browse the best selection of marked down goods.
Do you have any great tips I left out?
Happy shopping, my friends!