A couple weekends ago, my friends and I signed up for a FACEing makeup class with the BRIDEface team. We thought it would be a fun and different way to celebrate my best friend's 30th birthday.
I first learned about the FACEing makeup class from Nancy Dawson, owner of BRIDEface, an onsite bridal artistry and makeup coaching business with services in Cincinnati, Richmond and Washington DC. I interviewed Nancy for a Fort Thomas Matters feature. You must check out her Q&A here, especially her thoughts on the top five beauty items every woman should own.
Nancy was booked on our preferred date, so Mollie and Jasmine led our our private class. The class was held at BRIDEface's new studio in OTR, which is such an adorable, invigorating space. Their pink front door is a show-stopper!
Here are several aspects of the makeup class that really stood out to me:
- Mollie and Jasmine provided instruction using the products found in our personal makeup bags. I was delighted to hear that some of the items I purchased for myself were among their personal favorites. It was great to get reinforcement from the pros!
- They recommended products we should purchase to round out our collections. They weren't brand loyal and didn't continuously recommend one brand over another. They even recommended a lipliner that was as cheap as $1.99. Talk about a score!
- They were patient with our questions...no matter how silly they seemed.
- They gave us a written resource list outlining their favorite products and the retailers that sell them. I was thrilled to discover they too use items that you can find at Target, Walgreens and other drugstores. It was nice to hear you don't have to use all expensive department store products to achieve a polished and perfect look.
- They talked us through application techniques and then encouraged us to try the technqiues ourselves under their guidance.
My friends and I loved this class. Not only did we feel beautiful, we also felt empowered. We now know the the tips and tricks for achieving our desired looks.
What about you? Have your taken a BRIDEface FACEing class?