So it happened. I went in for a return and walked out with a bag full of new goodies. I mean how can I resist a hot sale at J.CREW Factory? To my surprise, most of the store was 50% off today, which means that pretty lilac cardigan was just $12, the earrings were $11 and the necklace was $15. Dare I say I splurged and spent $32 on the navy skirt?
My friends always ask how I get great deals when shopping, so I'm sharing my top tips with you:
- Shop often. Most of the serious deals I find are ones I stumble upon while out and about. The goodies above are a great example of this. I had no intentions of spending money on this trip, but I discovered some great additions for my wardrobe at such a small cost.
- Always check the sale section first. Now is the time to pick up left over winter items for a fraction of the price. Half of the items left over from winter could be used to transition into spring. Think silk tops, cardigans and button-up shirts.
- Check your phone for a digital coupon. I often receive coupons from J. CREW Factory via email, so I pull them up on my phone and the sale associate scans the barcode. It's so easy. You don't have to worry about printing hard copies or bringing the mailer that was delivered to your door. Each time I shop at Hobby Lobby, Michael's and Target, I check my phone for coupons. Usually I just do a quick Google search for a Hobby Lobby or Michael's coupon. To access Target discounts, I use the store's Cartwheel app.
- Consider signing up for Ebates. If you shop online often, this is a service you can't pass up. You start by creating an account. Then you go to ebates.com before make an online purchase. When clicking-through to your desired online store using the Ebates site, you will get a kick-back credit for the purchase. For example, if you shop Neiman Marcus right now, you can earn 8% cash back. Every quarter, Ebates sends you a check or transfers money to your Paypal account. This is such an easy way to make money back when shopping online.
- Shop Instagram for "InstaSales." Boutiques will occasionally post specials on Instagram. All you have to do is comment "sold" with your size and Paypal address on their photo. Then they'll email you an invoice. Such a stress-free way to shop! I recently purchased this sweater from Viva La Jewel's Instagram account and love it.
Do you have a savvy shopping tip I didn't mention? I would love to hear from you! Leave your thoughts below.